Why is it so difficult for many of us to deal with and accept changes in life? After all, isn’t it normal?
Maybe change is difficult because we associate it as something negative. Maybe it makes us uncomfortable. Or perhaps it just seems too difficult because we are afraid of failing.
It’s sometimes easier to see change as a possibility and easier to accept the idea once the old year ends and the new year comes in. Resolutions are made and the clock strikes midnight. The revisiting and renewing the idea of a new YOU looks attainable but not long into the new year, we begin to rethink our strategy. Taking a leap into something untried is scary, so we resist. Sometimes we make a half-hearted effort attempt and then we drift back into the same old same old.
We all know this scenario all too well. But I’m here to say…
“I think change is good and we should embrace it.”
AND THIS IS WHY…
1. Change is good because it teaches flexibility. When the environment and people around us change, we sometimes have no choice but to change with it. This allows us to have a new perspective and learn to become a more tolerant and understanding person.
2. Change is good because it helps us to move forward. Lessons are learned. Personal growth is taking place. Progress is made.
3. Change is good because it creates new opportunities. As the saying goes, ‘out with old; in with the new.’ When new doors are opened, opportunities are there for the taking for a more happy fulfilled life.
4. Change is good because it reveals our strengths and weaknesses. Unless we step out of our comfort zone and move forward, we will never know what we are capable of.
5. Change is good because we become smarter and wiser. With every new experience and every new adjustment in life; we learn new skills and new lessons we never would have known.
6. Change is good because it forces us to focus more. Sometimes change causes us to re-evaluate what is important. Depending on the circumstances, change may cause us to shift our position and reinforce our values even more.
7. Change is good because it can step things up a notch. It makes the predictable to become unpredictable. Sometimes all it takes is a small change to make a dull, uninteresting routine to become with a more lively, interesting life.
8. Change is good because it can cause an appreciation for challenges. Challenges will often allow us to see the bigger picture of who and where we are in life, as well as where we want to be.
9. Change is good because it can produce a faith that persists. Through our many changes throughout life, we are given the power to keep on- keeping on and see the reality of the possible in the impossible.
10. Change is good because it teaches us to rely on God. Let the changes come because with every forced or welcomed change, we are reminded that we are not alone.
God who never changes is always there no matter what.- Malachi 3:6
Change may be hard and it may be uncomfortable but it also may be better than being stuck where we are.
I hope these ten reasons will give you a sense of hope for a positive change in the future days ahead.
Can you share some reasons why you think change is good? I’d love to hear your thoughts.
Copyright 2022~Her Journey Towards Change
All Rights Reserved